Thursday, October 8, 2009

Cheech

It wasn't until experiencing the Christchurch (Cheech, Chch) Botanic Gardens in their springtime splendor that I undersood where the term "floral print" came from.  The city obviously takes great pains to maintain this beautiful park area, and it is, dare I say, more beautiful than the Boise one.  That may be owing to a high desert climate in Boise, and an English influence here in Chch. 

I found that though the YMCA (my accommodation) is strikingly absent on Ice people, it is literally next door to the Botanic Gardens, Arts Center and the Canterbury Museum (which is free and awesome).  Right below the Y is a care called Robert Harris Coffee Roasters, and is undeniably cool.  It reminds me a little of Flying M back home, but silghtly less indie.  Having a bage and coffee there this morning was quite delightful, as they played both OCMS' "Wagon Wheel" and Josh Ritter's "Harrisburg" I think once Josh and I get back and have a little more time to explore the music scene, we'll find ti quite to our liking.  I also need to get ahold of Piper Trulock, a friend from C of I that promptly moved here after graduation.  She's working at a beer bar! 

Pictures to come.

Toodles,

Lael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!